Disabling I.E. Enhanced Security Configuration
4.1 – Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
By default, Windows Server 2016 protects against attacks via
the browser by greatly limiting the browsers’ possibilities.
This is useful for servers, however if you want to use it
for normal web browsing, it is desired to turn this security
feature off to ensure it is compatible with all websites;
like Windows 10.
1) Open “Server Manager” and click “Local
Server” on the left.
On the right you have the option “IE Enhanced
Security Configuration” (red), which is set to “On“:
2) Set both options to “Off” and click “OK“:
3) When you open Internet Explorer your home page is quite
scary, warning you the configuration has been disabled:
4) You can change the homepage to anything you want by
clicking the cogwheel to the top right (red), “Internet
Options” and enter a homepage(s), i,e.
5) Next time you open Internet Explorer, your home page has
6) Internet Explorer will now function exactly as it would
on Windows 10