Disabling Strong Password Enforcement
3.2 – Disabling Strong Password Enforcement
By default Microsoft Windows Server 2016 enforces users in
the Administrators group to use strong passwords. Home users
often just want to create their own passwords or leave even
them blank. To do this, you need to change a policy on the
1) In the search box (magnifying glass on the TaskBar) type
“Local Security Policy” and open the app.
2) Expand “Account Settings“, “Password
Policy” and double click “Password must
meet complexity requirements“.
On the selection box,
choose “Disabled” and click “OK“:
3) Double cick “Maximum Password Age” and
set it to 0 days. This will stop the password from
expiring, preventing the need to reset it every few weeks:
4) You may even wish to use your computer without a
password. If so, make sure “Minimum password length”
is set to 0 characters.
5) Reboot your PC for the settings to take effect