Welcome to Win2008 Workstation
This manual will help you to install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and to configure your PC so you can use it as a workstation. An offline PDF version is also available which can be downloaded here. You can use the Windows Server 2008 Workstation Converter created by sawo if you want to automate the whole process. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to post your question on the forums. Screenshots of my final Windows Server 2008 workstation can be viewed here.
Table of Contents
2. Wireless Networking: (If you don’t use wireless, skip this step) Enable wireless networking in Windows Server 2008.
3. New User, Auto Logon and Strong Passwords Enforcement: How to create a new user, how to configure a user to logon automatically and how to disable enforcement of a minimum complexity for passwords.
4. Shutdown Tracker: How to disable the annoying Shutdown Event Tracker.
5. Ctrl+Alt+Del: Disable ctrl+alt+del at Windows startup.
7. Computername: Change computername.
8. Performance: Increase performance of applications in windows server.
9. Internet Explorer Enhanced Security: Disable Enhanced Security in Internet Explorer.
11. SuperFetch: Maintain and Improve your system performance.
12. Delay Activation: How to extend the evaluation period to 240 days.
13. Windows Search: Install the Windows Search service to search your Outlook and documents.
14. Hyper-V: How to install the Hyper-V virtualization serverrole in Windows Server 2008 x64.
15. Offline Files: Installing the Offline Files feature to improve mobility!
Forum: Place here all your questions, problems and solutions about configuring and using Windows Server 2008 as Workstation.
Security Software: Check what Antivirus and Firewall programs are compatible with Windows Server 2008.
Games and Entertainment: List of Games that can (not) be played and articles about how to get them working.
Wish List: Features we want to have in Windows Server 2008, but aren’t working yet.
Fine-Tuning Services: Optimize performance by configuring the Windows Services.
Youtube Channel: Tips & Tricks from the win2008workstation Youtube Channel.
You are visitor number 190467
Other Posts: Missing gameux.dll, Missing xinput9_1_0.dll, Disabling DEP, Patching .msi installers, Game Controllers, Install GTA2, Win2008Workstation Converter, Take Ownership/Permissions, Custom Logonscreen Background